- Ability to take the lead on individual projects with own subject matter expertise
- Reporting on progress of your specific area of responsibility
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with a range of people
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a remote team
- Good administration, organisation and task prioritisation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (word, power point, excel etc)
We estimate the time commitment at around 4 hours a month, however this is not linear, and will depend on the role your in within the BOT. This is in addition to a quarterly finance meeting which will be 1.5 hours once a quarter.
Each board member will serve a minimum of two years in post, with the possibility of extending to five years.
Treads embraces diversity. Whilst we recognise that the demographics of the local area we serve in is predominantly white, middle classed and middle-aged we are committed to making change and this starts with out board of trustees. We're therefore encouraging applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Given the nature of our work with young people and vulnerable people, we are keen to add more voices with lived experience to the Board too - helping us evolve our work with our beneficiaries in mind
For safeguarding an Enhance DBS clearance will be required (which Treads can provide) along with details for a character reference.