Treads is a safe, friendly, informal advice, information and drop-in centre for young people.
We are based at:
Blandford Youth Centre, Mill Down Road, Blandford Forum, Dorset DT11 7DB
We can offer our services to you if you are:
10-19 years old
Up to 25 years old if you have learning difficulties or a care leaver.
We can help you lead a healthy lifestyle and make positive choices. We can provide you with support and guidance with:
Mental and Physical Wellbeing
Addictions, such as alcohol, substance misuse and gambling
We can support you with your:
We offer a listening ear and support to anyone who is questioning their sexuality or gender and/or part of the LGBT+ community
Our aims and objectives are:
- To support individual young people and enable them to make informed choices and decisions.
- To promote a positive image of young people.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle (physical, emotional, sexual).
- To reduce antisocial behaviour and encourage good citizenship.
- To raise awareness of issues concerning young people.
- To develop independent lifestyles.
- To offer young people opportunities to broaden their outlook and experiences.
- To ensure young people are aware of Treads and what facilities they can access here.
FOR YOUNG PEOPLE THAT REQUIRE EMERGENCY HELP PLEASE SEE OUR LIST OF EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBERS UNDER THE HEADING 'EMERGENCY HELP' IN OUR 'SERVICES' SECTION OF THIS WEBSITEPLEASE SEE ‘ARTICLE’ REGARDING COVID-19 - We have tips, websites, apps to aid your mental health during this difficult time
- Provide a safe and warm non-judgemental environment in which young people can meet.
- Involve young people on the Management Committee and include them in the decisions, which are made.
- Give young people opportunities that are fun, stimulating and challenging.
- Give young people the chance to be heard.
- Provide a range of information, both in leaflets and on a face to face basis around lifestyles.
- Challenge antisocial and offending behaviour.
- Provide information and give advice on a wide variety of issues relevant to young people.
- Give young people the opportunities to attend our Stand Up To Bullying, Anti Bullying and Empowering Females workshops
- Give Young people those that are not in education, employment or training a chance to gain an ASDAN credited award to enhance their knowledge and skills